Mental Health First Aid Lite
Members of the Inclusivity Campaign will participate in a mental health first aid course, to help gain an understanding of a range of mental health issues. Members will also receive a toolkit to help them implement best practice into their businesses. Members will be expected to appoint a ‘Mental Health First Aider’ in their companies, we will also provide you with a poster to help promote this in your workplace.
Mental Health First Aid Lite is a 3-hour mental health awareness course open to anyone, regardless of their previous knowledge of mental health and is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
•One in five employees report their job to be very or extremely stressful
•One in six employees are likely to experience problems with stress, anxiety or depression at any one time
It was estimated that workers with mental health problems who were not being supported cost UK businesses £30.3bn, this is equivalent to £1,206 per employee per year (Centre for Mental Health)The course enables participants to:
• Gain a broader understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health•gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative psychological health affects business
• Work more efficiently with people experiencing mental health problems by the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
• Define mental health & some psychological health problems
• Relate to people’s experiences•help support people with mental health problems
• Begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
• Look after their mental health following the course, and participants will all receive a certificate of attendance along with a manual for further reference.